Great Expectations
I was talking to Sam a few days ago about how we have different expectations of our friends. He seems to have very low expectations, while I tend to have very high expectations. Basically I was talking to him about the fact that since I have been physically removed from all my friends in NY, I feel like I have been tossed aside a bit. I made some wonderful friends in college, and I hate not being around them. I hate not talking to them on a regular basis. Of course I blame my friends for this problem, when really it is just as much my problem as it is theirs. I guess I can't expect to have the SAME relationships with people that I do when I am around them as I do when I am apart. It just doesn't work that way. We get too caught up in what is around us and can't help but deprioritize what is far away. He never feels this way with his friends who are scattered all over the place (of course he is far more involved in instant messaging people than I am). He moved around his whole life, he is used it it. I am still getting used to it on my end. I decided to be proactive and try to get in better touch with some of the friends I felt slipping away over the years. It is a works in progress. If any of you are reading this know that I miss you. I am sorry we haven't been as close as I would have liked, but we are still blessed with life and today and hopefully many tomorrows.

1 Comments:
TV firms need to get creatives involved in mobile
Speaking at Mipcom, Peter Bazalgette of Endemol said TV companies need to "Bang the creatives' heads together.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a gay dating site/blog.
It pretty much covers gay dating related stuff.
Date man or women you desire at gay dating - HotDateToday.com
Post a Comment
<< Home