Happy Birthday Dad!
Today is my dad's 60th birthday! woohoo! Just thought I would give him a public shout out for that.
Apparently Joel's post was not referring to something I wrote, but rather to something Neil wrote. My bad. I don't know why I always get so fired up when Joel writes crap like that anyway. I guess maybe because I just view him differently than most people due to our past history. Despite all the spreading of differing opinions on the list it gave me the opportunity to reconnect with Tom...
Spoke to Tom last night, it's nice to chit chat with people who can sympathize with what you are going through at any point in time. For me it is the transition from tryinig to finish the awful dissertation stage of the Ph.D. I dont think anyone who hasn't done a dissertation can TRULY appreciate all the BS it involves.
In between editing drafts and reading articles, I have been memorizing pattern meanings for my Taekwondo promotional test that is tomorrow. I have also gotten into Harry Potter. I know I am a bit behind... my first desire was to read the book AFTER the movie so that the movies wouldnt be a dissappointment.... but I decided to go buy the books (at least 1-5)... I am about 50 pages into book 4 now and am surprised to find how much I am really enjoying them.
April was writing about working out in the gym... damn I was going to go do that too wasn't I? Didn't I mention that in my first blog? Darn! still not there. Mental note: still want to get my butt in the gym.
Not much else to report on these days. Hoping that everything falls into place in the next few weeks with my attempts to find an apartment out west, to get my dissertation defended successfully, and all that jazz....
Ok time for lunch, I think I will go make myself a PB and J.

1 Comments:
Hi Tina! Thanks for the link. I'll be keeping up with your entries from now on. Journals or blogs make it so much easier to stay in touch and really get personal thoughts across. I like 'em. Massive good luck on your test tomorrow. I know the tests get hard when you get to black belt level. You could actually fail! Not that that's a bad thing though, cuz you just try again later and it's easier the next time. It'll be easier for you to get to the gym if you don't have other athletic clubs you're doing at the same time. Once I go back to fencing, I probably won't workout so much. Eh, it's a trade off: hang with club friends or get a real workout. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home