The Green Room
Well I have joined a new choir at a new church... and today I got a tour of where the choir's green room is. I found out today why a green room is a GREEN room. It turns out that 'back in the day' lights that were used in theaters had a green tint to them, and so if actors were getting ready off stage by candlelight, a room with green walls would give the actor's the best idea of how they would look when they were on stage. So that was my little history fun fact of the day. I like knowing silly things like that, maybe I will use that in trivial pursuit or Jeopardy! one day.
I was looking through some old records today. I found my fingerprints that were taken in 1983. I found report cards from Kindergarten. Seems I was an excellent learner, but my social skills were lacking. I talked too much and was too aggressive, I guess old habits die hard, or do they? I found standardized test scores and something that said I had an IQ of 142 when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. I wonder how accurate that was. Anyway it was cool to look back and see what my teachers had to say about me. I even got to read "Speech Language and Hearing Evaluation Reports" for my 'tongue thrust' therapy. It's weird to see kids come through the Speech and Hearing Clinic and remember that I was one of those kids many moons ago.
Ok well enough blog for now. If there's anyone out there reading this thing, stay tuned for further installments

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home