The Last Leg
Well I am on the last leg of my doctoral studies... a little more than a week until my dissertation defense. Tom had to remind me that a good dissertation is a finished one... couldn't have said it better myself! Please everybody pray for me so that I may remain calm and focused through these last few days.
Let's see, you must want some sort of update on my life. I mean yeah the dissertation is intense, but not 100% all consuming. I spoke with Courtney the other day, and she told me all about this new puzzle craze from Japan called SUDOKU. Of course I have become instantly addicted. It will give me something to pass the time on my long flights between Denver and New York over the holidays.
I am still singing in the choir at Hope Presbyterian church, and that has brought some added joy to my life. I sneak some reading for pleasure time when I can at local Starbucks' coffee shops, where I am currently well into the 5th Harry Potter book.
I am getting excited about moving and 'getting on with my life', but it is going to be so stressful at the same time. Transitioning from student to professor will be strange. Not having Sam around will be even stranger. People have commented to Sam that we act like a married couple. The two of us of course completely laugh comments like that away... I mean yeah we have lived together for four years now... certainly we have come to know each other well. He has filled the shoes of the older brother I have never had, I know we will be lifelong friends (and colleagues... gotta get those publications, and it never hurts to have a colleage to collaborate with).
Anyway hopefully everyone is doing well. I will try to keep you up to date with things as much as possible, and add more thought provoking material when I get through my defense.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home