Thursday, August 18, 2005

An American Mutt

A week from now I will be on my way back home, well back to NY to visit my family. I don't even know where to call "home" anymore... I keep moving around so much I am starting to have an identity crisis. Am I a New Yawker? Am I a Southern Belle? I will soon head westward... my poor accent is going to be a blend of NY, Midwest, South, and now Colorado... heehee. Rather than calling myself a displaced Yankee (as I like to refer to myself while in Memphis) I will officially be a mutt. Time is really flying by now, and I am starting to look forward to my move. It will be stressful though, going to a place where I know absolutely NOBODY... I have never done that before. I like being exposed to different areas though, if I had stayed in NY, I would probably have a lot narrower view of this country. There certainly are stigmas that Southerners form for the north (particularly NY) and the opposite is true as well... The Civil War may be over, but Americans are still stubborn and narrowminded. Oh well. It will be interesting to see what the culture out west will be. After some exposure to that I will truly be an American mutt. The next step is travel abroad. I have always wanted to travel, never had the funds or opportunity. Hopefully one day I will get to blog about experiences in other foreign and exotic places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home