Sunday, January 29, 2006

What Goes Up Must Come Down

So on Saturday I went back to Devil's Backbone with the intent of trying to get through the entire 7 mile trek across all three trails... and low and behold I actually did it. I was so proud of myself. The first trail, Backbone Trail, was the one I took last week. It is a "easy-medium" level trail. The next two trails (Miner's Trail and Hunter's Trail) are both "medium-difficult" level. I made it though, and OH WHAT A VIEW! I thought last weekend's views were good, but they were not as awesome as what I saw this time around. I wish I would have brought my camera again. I'll have to consider that again next weekend.

Now I will admit it wasn't a piece of cake. I don't think my body has fully adjusted to the altitude, because there was some huffing and puffing... and plenty of sweating. BUt what was funny was that I learned "what goes up must come down" as I got through Miner's Trail. That trail is pretty much up, up, up... which was challenging, but I thought going back down was harder. It's not easy to navigate a rocky/dirt downhill slope, I really had to take certain areas slow.

Not much else going on. I spoke to Courtney today, it was nice to catch up with her. I talked with Greg some more this weekend. It's nice to be able to talk with him... we used to talk every day and I missed our conversations... but I know I need to keep everything in perspective. Anyway, I found out that he has some 'interesting' neighbors... I wish I could say the same, but my neighbors are found under webster's dictionary's definition of anti-social. Even if they are weird, I wouldn't know, I never see them. I think 90% of the people living in this complex are hibernating! seriously! Oh well, no big deal.

So tomorrow is the start of a new week.... hope it is a good one for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home