Steaming Hot
Ok so I forgot to mention in my post last night that when I left the gym in the apt clubhouse to walk back to my apt, I found it interesting that not only could I see my breath steam out from my my head. It was weird, like I was some bowl of steaming soup set out to cool. Haha. It really doesn't feel that bitterly cold out here, though my weatherbug says it is currently 16 degrees. I guess I must have made my body temperature rise quite a bit while exercising and entering the cold right away gave a nice visual that we really do lose most of our body heat from our heads. I was literally steaming hot =)
It is snowing today. I love the white wintery wonderland that snow creates. Good excuse for me to stay in and start working on some lecutures for next semester. It is both exciting and a little stressful to be transitioning from student to faculty. I hope I do a good job. I hope my students enjoy my classes and respect me. I hope I can manage a balance from being too strict and too lenient. Everyone keeps asking me what kind of teacher I will be, I hope to be right there in the middle, but since this is all new for me I can't really say that with much authority without throwing myself into the mix and seeing what unfolds.

1 Comments:
Yeah that steamy thing happens when you workout on a cold day. I used to get it a lot when I ran in Bing in the early mornings. It was fun.
- more April
Post a Comment
<< Home