Sunday, December 18, 2005

Something Old, Something New

Today I saw something old and something new. ,the something new...

On my way to church this morning I drove by Lake Loveland (though there are several lakes in the area, I believe it is the largest lake in Loveland). I saw some people actually ICE FISHING on the lake. Nothing incredibly fascinating about that, I suppose, except I have never actually SEEN ice fishing. So I guess I can add that one to the list.

As for the something old....

After church I made it my mission to find the one local Starbucks. I walked in and saw a bunch of guys playing this game that I played while I was in college. The game is a role playing card game called "MAGIC The Gathering". After spending about an hour in another area of the store enjoying my grande almond latte and doing a few sudoku puzzles, I decided it was time to go. The guys were still there as I was leaving so I went over and asked them about their game, wondered if the rules were all that different from what they were when I played. After sitting with them for a while I gave one of them my phone number and took his... I'll try to find my cards in my parents' attic, and perhaps will have a group to play with again. Some people might think it's dorky, but I always liked the game, and I miss playing. Although they all looked kinda young at first glance, (four guys in all) two of them were 28, one of whom told me he is about to turn 29 in January. Nice to know I wasn't an "old fart" sitting among them. (Made me think of Lynne and her D&D games when she was in grad school playing with H.S. kids)... hehheh.

Ok, well that's all I have to report on for now.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magic?? 28 year olds? No way! ha ha! Well, i'm glad to see you had fun with them. Maybe i should have learned to play those old card games. No one plays Star Wars cards though... *cough-Joel-cough*.
:P

-April

 

Post a Comment

<< Home