Majestic Neighbor
So there is this natural area behind my apartment called the North Plains environmental center. I might have mentioned it in a previous post. I have walked arouund the trails back there a few times now and last week I got excited because I thought I saw a bald eagle (or as I used to refer to them - a bald-headed eagle). Anyway I wasn't sure and I forgot about it. Today I went out again and sure enough perched atop a bare tree was a large bird with a white head/neck and tail and a dark brown body. I think it is sooooo cool that I actually saw a bald eagle outside the zoo (being that they are so endangered). I looked online to see if there are indeed bald eagles in this area. According to what I read there are some in Colorado, and they tend to hang out near resevoirs (bingo - Hout's resevoir right behind me). I tried to take a pic of the bird from my apt when I got home, but the zoom isnt strong enough to really capture it's essence. Oh well, maybe one day I'll snag a good shot of him/her.

1 Comments:
I think you should name him, "pooky."
-April
Post a Comment
<< Home