Thursday, December 22, 2005

Back in the Big Apple

Well I made it back to NY yesterday, strike and all. There was a heinously long line that wrapped around the entire terminal to check in at United. Fortunately security was much quicker. Even though we left on time, the 3.5 hour flight took over 4 hours, and then baggage took 30 minutes to start rolling out. At least my bag made it to New York. When I was checking in, I put my bag on the weigh counter, the rep took it, ticketed it, and put it on the conveyor belt. Then she looked back at me and said "wait, are you Tina or Erica?" "Tina" I replied. She ran and grabbed the bag just as it was about to go back into that unknown area behind the counter... ripped off the tag, and put the right one on. It almost went to Philadelphia. WHEW!

Now me and my sniffling self need to pack for another lovely commute up to Greek Peak. The traffic is always awful going over the Tappanzee Bridge, but with the strike I am expeciting it to be even worse. Ugh the packing, the unpacking, the repacking, the driving, the flying, the driving some more.... it's worth it to see friends and family though. Especially during the holidays.

See some of you on the slopes...

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might want to take Bear Mountain bridge...

Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home