Saturday, January 21, 2006

My Beautiful Backyard



So I decided to throw in the picture I took of my bald eagle friend... unfortunately it is at a distance because when I went out on my walk I didn't have my camera, so when I got home I snapped a shot of him perched across the water from my deck.


Yesterday morning there was a thick mist hovering over the water... it looked almost like a cloud passing by and I just had to snap a shot. There were a ton of birds huddled on the icy water's surface with the cloud-like fog encopassing them

Today I went on a hike at a place called "Devil's Backbone". There are three trails that connect to one another, the total trail distance is 7.5 miles. I just did the first trail today which has a round trip distance of 3.5 miles. I have attached some photos I took during my hike. The first is part of the rock structure known as, "the devil's backbone", the second picture is the famous "keyhole" erosion that carved a hole in the rock. The keyhole is actually really amazing close up. The third picture is the view from within the keyhole. Long's Peak can be seen from here (in the picture you can view it as the snowcapped peak in the distance which has coulds sitting above it. Finally, on my way back I took a picture of the rattlesnake warning sign. This posting sits at the beginning of the trail and when I saw it I almost turned around and went home when I saw that sign (everyone who knows me well, knows that I am afraid of snakes) Glad I decided to be brave and move onward, the hike was really fun. I am going to keep going back since it is only a 15 min drive from my place... want to hike the whole park one day. (gotta build up some stamina though).




2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! A bald eagle in your own backyard?! Spectacular. I am always amazed whenever i see anythign that's not a squirrel or a pidgeon. You live in a really beautiful place. I'd love to go hiking with you around there. Thanks for posting pics. :)

-April

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Tina and Cullen said...

Lynne and Dan are probably going to comme out this summer for hiking (I am going to try and scope out some local spots as well as some hikes in Rocky Mtn National Park... you are always welcome to come visit too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home