Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

It is simply gorgeous out in Colorado, and I could think of no better way to demonstrate that fact than to share with y'all the scene I woke up to Tuesday morning. A rainbow! I like to think of it as a good omen to the new chapter in my life.
Rob- I am definitely NOT in Kansas anymore!

The scene in the pic is actually the north plains environmental center, which I happily found out has some walking/biking trails right outside my backyard... so if I want to go for a walk (or someday when I buy one, a bike ride) I won't have to travel very far! I actually took a walk out there Monday afternoon. It was so beautiful out, sunny and 50 degrees. So much for COLD Colorado weather =P

I have joined a new TKD club out here... just a class that meets Mondays for sparring, and Tues/Thurs for technique/form. I am excited because my instructor is familiar with forms from several different groups and will be able to teach me a wide variety of technique.

Work has been slow going... not everyone is back in the office yet. I am a little lost sheep, but I learn something every day. I met with one of the faculty members who I will be teaching with, and she is awesome. She is an SLP with a passion for cochlear implants, and I am REALLY excited to hopefully get an opportunity to get involved with some of the work that she does and have some contact with more implant recipients.

----LATE EDITION----
I noticed this on April's page, so I took the test. Hey April, looks like we scientists are pretty clairvoyant, interesting...
take the psi-q psychic test yourself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home