Stuck in the middle with you?
I was looking through my documents trying to find some notes I typed up months ago. no such luck. But I did find a poem I wrote a while back, when I was kinda down on myself that some of my friendships were slipping away. I figured I would go ahead and publish it. Just my feelings of disappointment that all those miles had distanced some of my friendships, and my desire to just find a common ground to pick up and start again. I think I am starting to get there with some people. So that is exciting for me. I wish I was able to let me friends know how much they mean to me, even though some of us are so far away.
Meet me In the Middle
Hand in hand, side by side
We conquered the world, you and I
We laughed, we cried
Years went by, on and on
Our friendship grew, we were strong
At dusk, at dawn
Way down south, day by day
I think of you, the sky turns grey
Miss you, we say
Miles between us, on and on
Both of us, moved along
Got busy, withdrawn
Far away, mile by mile
A long way to go, all the while
To laugh, to smile
We can move on, step by step
Without haste, lest we regret
Our bond, did we forget?
We can be, side by side
Even though the miles are wide
Just meet me in the middle.
--TMP February 2005

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home