Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oxymoron

What a cool word, oxymoron. I actually saw one today that I felt compelled to report on. I was driving down Union Avenue today, and noticed a guy with a truck (yeah we have a lot of those down in Memphis)... anyway on his truck was not ONE but TWO bumper stickers. This guy had these stickers prominently displayed in the top corners of his rear windshield. They were yellow and black and said "Hang up and Drive!" For a minute I thought, that is fantastic! Finally a bumber sticker that has value. Of course then I looked to see what kind of wonderful person would choose to put a very important message on their truck... turns out the idiot was ON HIS CELL PHONE! How messed up is that? I have to admit I love the ability to talk to anyone whenever I want to, but I do not like the fact that people abuse that priveledge while driving. We shouldn't be talking and driving (hands free or not)... I don't care what anyone says, and I am just as guilty as the next in having done it in the past, but it is darned distracting. We have enough bad drivers on the road, we don't need to encourage them to be any worse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home