Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Let's Agree to Disagree

WHEW!!! I have been having quite the conversation (or conversations) with several people on the Bing listserve about evolution, creation, separation of chuch and state, neural networks, and lots of interesting things. I have come to find that amongst my friends there are very different view points, and that email is not the best venue to debate such issues... too much frustration from the miscommunication that is going on. I really have a very well educated group of friends though... and such varied strengths... some who are well versed in Politics, others in History, others in Biology... it's really neat to hear what everyone has to say, as long as nobody gets offended along the way. I've learned rather than overreacting emotionally, sometimes I have to just agree to disagree.

Dave passed his comprehensive exams, he is now officially a doctoral candidate. Sam and I and Dave went to Outback for a beer to celebrate. YAY Dave!

Anyway less than 2 weeks until my edited dissertation is due to the graduate school. My advisor has gone analysis crazy on me and has all these ideas about different ways I can look at and present my data to try and make the 'non significant' findings more valuable. I admit the ideas are interesting, just frustrating that I can't just be DONE. So that's what I will be busy with all day tomorrow.

I think I am late for my date with my pillow, good night y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home