Harry Potter vs Star Wars
I can't believe how time is flying by. I have only three weeks left in Memphis before I say goodbye and head out to Colorado. It's so weird. Fortunately, Rob is going to fly down to Memphis to make the trip with me, it will be so nice to have company on that LOOOOOOOOOONG drive.
No much going on right now. Trying to please my dissertation committee so I can get a final draft turned into the Graduate School for a formatting check.
OK, so getting back to the title of this blog entry... I am still reading Book 6 of the Harry Potter series. Came across a good quote in it today. "Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies". That was said by a young Lord Voldemort to Dumbledore. It made me think of what Yoda said to young Anakin Skywalker "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Harry Potter and Star Wars, love em both!
Anyway I should be getting to bed. I am having my toe sliced and diced tomorrow (darned chronic ingrown toenails). I already had the procedure done once, but apparently my toenails are ultra resilient. It's gonna be a ton of fun walking around with a numb big toe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home