
Today I handed in my final copy of my dissertation along with all the necessary paperwork/signatures to the graduate school. I was finally "done". Such a relief, but the reality has hit now that I have very little time left in Memphis. It is exciting to be moving on, and I have been looking forward to it for quite some time now. What I will miss most of all is my friend Sam. I have been in Memphis for over 4 years, and Sam has been my roomate from day one. It's the longest I have stayed in one place (well not EXACTLY one place thanks to the wind storm of 2002...) but you get the idea. It will be weird to not have him within earshot (no pun intended). The picture is of the two of us in our tiny kitchen after we re-tiled the floor. We were so proud =) It's so hard to believe it's almost over. Sam and I won't be rid of each other for good though. The field of Audiology is so small, we are bound to see each other on a regular basis at conferences... oh and then there is always the perk that we both have summers off! can anyone say VACATION?...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home