The Agony of Defeet
Or should I say toes.... today I went in for my third partial nail evulsion procedure, thanks to my chronic ingrown toenails. I had both lateral and medial sides of my right big toe sliced and diced, and my podiatrist was nice enough to show me the pieces of nail he took out... mmm yummm! just what I wanted to see! (Actually it was pretty interesting to see what was lurking beneath the skin surface).
So a not so fun morning turned into a dreadful afternoon. The weather here has been awful, dramatic thunderstorms, hail, wind, the works. But that's not the worst of it. What was so awful was my advisor telling me that there was something drastically wrong with my discussion chapter of my dissertation, that it is circular and doesnt talk about what the results mean. Why is this a big deal? Hmm well.... the deadline to have a final revised copy to the Graduate School is FRIDAY! Yep, that's a mere three days away.
I proceeded to go down and see the Dean, who by the way is also on my dissertation committee. Fortunately for me, he was very pleased with the dissertation and felt that it was much tighter and comprehensible. So I have pleased 2 of the 4 committee members. I have a meeting with member #3 tomorrow at 9 AM. If I can figure out what he wants, then all I need to do is get it done and somehow please my advisor (member #4) in the next 48 hours so I can GRADUATE. I may be visiting Starbucks in the next few days for some extra doses of caffeine...
I am so stressed out that my hair is falling out in the shower. This neeeds to stop.
Pray for me.

1 Comments:
Tina,
Look at the positives of your situation. For instance: My hair falls out in the shower whether I'm stressed or not!
-- Joel
Post a Comment
<< Home