Red letter day
I did something yesterday that may never happen again in my lifetime. I outsmarted the IT guy. The two of us were setting up my new lab equipment and he couldn't figure out how to connect everything properly. I had a bad connection that we couldn't fix and a cable that we couldn't place. He left at the end of a long afternoon and said we'd revisit it today. I sat there for a while and figure out the problem... I was so excited about it just because it isn't every day someone can do something related to computers/electronic equipment that an IT guy can't (particularly someone as computer inept as me). So yesterday was a red letter day for me.
In other news, my car is working again. There was nothing MAJOR wrong with it. I guess it was just revolting against the cold weather. I had a tune up done, spark plugs replaced, and a fuel service. While I was there I got the oil changed too. Oh yeah, and apparently there's this little piece called the PVC valve. I once knew what it was for because I forced the guy at Jiffy Lube to explain it to me before I gave an OK to replace it. Turns out that Saturns are really particular when it comes to that part, and my valve was not a Saturn valve.... I had that part replaced too. Car seems to be running fine, it is even idling better. Whew!
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? We have snow in the forecast for the 7th straight week in a row. The high on Friday is going to be a whopping 7 degrees. What happened to global warming anyway?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home