Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy (Belated) New Year!

It's been a while since I posted... guess I just got caught up in all the holiday hoopla. Christmas and New Year's came and went. I was happy to be home and see family and friends, though I didn't get to accomplish everything on my agenda. I spent most of my time home trying to kick a bad cold, but managed to have some fun along the way. The highlight of the trip was going to see Wicked on Broadway. While Cullen had no means for comparison, I've seen a number of shows on Broadway, and this one is at the top of my chart. It will be a night I am sure both of us will remember for years to come.

I got back to Colorado only to suffer in the deep freeze that is taking over this year's unusual winter weather. Granted, this IS Colorado, but it is also an uncharacteristically cold and snowy start to 2007. Greeley has already had more than it's annual average snow accumulation. And in less than 2 weeks we will break the record for number of consecutive days with snow on the ground. I love snow, but the icy driveway and bitter cold temperatures are starting to wear me down.

In other news I passed my latest Karate testing which makes me an Orange Belt (picture below). I also started this week training for my 10K. I am so out of shape compared to a few months ago, so that's pretty frustrating for me. It is definitely going to be slow going. I have a schedule of 3 runs per week for 19 weeks - that's 57 total workouts, and I have #2 this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home