Monday, December 04, 2006

Three hundred and thirty eight

Yep, today is the 338th day of the calendar year. I heard that on the radio this morning driving into work. Can you believe it? Christmas is exactly 3 weeks away. It was a year ago this week that I moved out to Colorado, so technically it is my 1 year anniversary =). I have to admit that I was a little nervous about what life had in store for me out here. I came to the Centennial state (Colorado is nicknamed that because it became a state in 1876) not knowing a single soul. No friends. No family. Just the majestic Rocky Mountains. It was a bitter cold week, so cold that my wiper fluid froze on the drive out here. This morning it was a balmy 1 degrees (-4 with the windchill), so not too different than 1 year ago. However, I am not as nervous about what the future holds for me.

My job has run smoothly for the most part. I like my co workers, everyone is very supportive so it is a nice work environment. I managed to get myself into shape - dropped the extra pounds I put on in Memphis and feel a lot better about myself now. I found a karate school where I can continue to pursue my love for martial arts, and made a few friends there. But the most significant change is the blessing of meeting a wonderful man who I have fallen deeply in love with. I came across an anonymous quote last week, "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale", and yes with Cullen I feel like I am living a fairy tale. He makes me feel like a princess who has finally found her prince charming. I know that sounds ridiculously corny and mushy... but hey that's how I feel and I'm not afraid to say it.

So anyway, hope everyone's Monday shapes out to be a good one. Remember- Monday morning is just the first step towards another Friday afternoon =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home