Monday, December 11, 2006

Finals, Finally!

Well it is finally here, finals week. At the end of this week the fall semester will be over and I will have made it through a complete academic year (well half of one year and half of the next).

I'll be travelling back to NY on Saturday to gear up for the holidays with family and friends. Cullen will be coming by to meet 'the fam', so that will make this holiday extra special. I have lots of things I want to do, on my agenda for the holiday:

Baking Christmas cookies (I promised Mom I would)
Ski trip at Greek Peak - hopefully there will be, um... snow
Gift exchange with Mom, Dad, Amy, and Joe
Trip up to Mohegan Sun (hopefully I'll hit it big!)
New Year's Eve at the Lloyd residence
Partaking of NY food - Bagels and Pizza and Cheesecake, oh my!
Touring Cullen around NYC
Rockefeller Center
Ice Skating in Central Park
Wicked! at the Gershwin Theater
The NY Philharmonic at Lincoln Center
The Museum of Natural History
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
Dylan's Candy Bar (of course)
Serendipity 3?
A possible visit to the Botanic Gardens

I am going to be sooooo tired from all the fun and excitement that I think I will need a vacation from my vacation.

Saturday night was entertaining. Went down to Denver to watch Travis (Cullen's brother in law) in the world premier of a musical comedy entitled "B.F.E. The Town Christmas Forgot". I ended up being a cheap date because we went to dinner earlier at a place called "The Tavern" - really cool sports bar/restaurant. I ordered some mashed potatoes and found a shard of plastic in them... No worries, nothing bad happened - thankfully it was large enough that I noticed it before I tried to bite and/or swallow. The manager comped my meal.

Sunday I bought a new pair of running shoes. I decided that since I am going to try and train for a 10K I needed to get professional guidance on the right pair of shoes for my feet. I think I tried on about 8-10 different pairs of shoes before finally deciding on a pair of Saucony's. Y'all should have seen the store, I made a mess of it. I also probably clocked about a 1/4 mile running in all the shoes to try them out. hehheh. Now I need to actually start using them. I have been sooooo lazy about exercising AND I've been eating not so fantastically, the holiday bulge is settling in... but I am trying not to worry about that too much. I know once the new year rolls around I am going to get myself into a nice workout routine again. Cullen and I will certainly motivate each other as we prepare for the Memorial Day run.

I also got my Christmas gift from Cullen yesterday. It was pretty darned cool, he had me going on a treasure hunt all throughout his apartment finding things. At the end of the hunt was the main gift with a heartfelt note that made me cry. I think he was pretty proud of the reaction he got.

Well this has turned out to be quite a long post, so I'll stop right here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home