I'm just average.... for now!
Well I got the results of my VO2 max test. I scored a 38.5 - that was at the high end of "average" for my age and gender. If I can get to 39.5 then I jump up into the lower end of "above average". I am disappointed in that performance because I stopped a little prematurely due to a cramped up shoulder. Why did my shoulder cramp? Because the hand rail I was holding had an emergency stop button attached to it at the area that was comfortable for me to hold, so I was forced to grip higher up on the rail and that messed me up (I know what you are thinking - excuses...excuses....) You're right. But had I known I was so close I would have pushed for a little longer. Why even hold the hand rail? Well because I was at an incline of 18 at a speed of 5.0 - that my friends is no easy task without some support from the rails. And yes, when calculating VO2 max, hand rails were factored in.
I am going to put myself through the torture of being re-tested at the end of the semester. I am determined to jump up into above average... hopefully boost my score into the 40s.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home