Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fitness Assessment - Day 1

OK so we have 2-3 days of fitness assessments to get through before my student trainer, Travis, can actually begin training me. Today I did max out tests for upper and lower body strength (chest press for upper body and leg press for lower body). I did a crunch test for abdominal strength/endurance, a spirometry test for lung capacity, a grip test for hand grip strength, and got measured for waist/hip ratio and skin fold testing on the thigh, lovehandle, and tricept.

I have to say I was pretty pleased with my results, I'll find out on Monday where I place with respect to other people my age/gender. I maxed out the crunch test, so that was pretty fun. Taking into account my age and weight, I did 126% on the spirometry, meaning I surprassed what the machine felt I was maximally capable of by 26%. Guess the extra jogging I've done is starting to pay off! I felt like my grip was pretty weak, but my chest press was 125lbs and my leg press was a wopping 435lbs. That's almost 2.5 times my body weight! Looks like all those years of soccer and martial arts have paid off too...

Next Monday I have the dreaded VO2 max treadmill test, flexibility/range of motion (piece of cake for me), and pushups (probably my biggest weakness). Blah!

So did everyone see the weather report? We got our first snow yesterday. It was pretty this morning, waking up and seeing the sun rise over the white blanket. I tried to take a pic of a tree outside my window - red leaves covered in snow. It was an interesting site...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home