Darting around Denver
Well I got an excellent driving tour of Denver this past Saturday. Got to see some of the parks - Washington Park, Cheesman Park... and of course I got to see Cullen's old stomping grounds. We had lunch right down the road from the Molly Brown house (remember the unsinkable Molly Brown from the Titanic?) Apparently she was a Denverite. I'll post a pic of the house for your viewing pleasure. After lunch I got to see some more of Denver, the neighborhood was really nice, it reminded me a lot of NY. I am so used to all the new homes and developments up here in Northern Colorado, but down in Denver they have nice tree lined streets with older homes, some with Tudor and Colonial type architecture. Then we headed to the Denver Zoo. This is now the fourth zoo I have been to (Bronx, St Louis, Memphis, and now Denver). I have to say this zoo was much bigger than I thought it would be, pretty impressive. I got some cute pics of some of the animals. Below I'll share one of a polar bear.
When Dan and Lynne came to visit we THOUGHT we took pics of the US Mint, but we were wrong. Dan if you are reading this, the building across from the Capitol was NOT the mint... so now you'll have to plan a return trip so you can see that.
I have my VO2 max test this morning, should be interesting.... I'll let y'all know how I do later.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home