Going the Distance
I have never really been a 'runner' but I have run off and on since college in attempt to keep in shape. For years I have toyed with the idea of running in a race, but have never really gotten myself to the point where I thought I could actually run one through to completion. I decided I need to start small, and wanted to try and train myself up to the point that I could run a 5 K. There is a loop near my condo that I have been running. I clocked it in my car to be just over 1.6 miles. I can run that distance with little difficulty (though I'm not exactly running at a fast pace). I could even run more than the 1.6 miles, but I have never really run more than about 2.5 miles without stopping before.... that is until this past Saturday. On Saturday I was feeling great, it was a warm sunny morning- so I decided to push myself, test my body to see if I could put 'mind over matter'. I ran the whole route, twice! I put that at about 3.3 miles, so I basically completed my first 5K this past weekend. I am going to see if I can be more consitent with that type of distance over the next few weeks. I'm so excited and proud that I did that. May not sound like much to most people, but it was a big deal to me =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home