Monday, August 21, 2006

increased security?

Ok so I flew from New York to Colorado yesterday, and I was very curious to see how security would be after the terrorist activity in England. Turns out that Laguardia was definitely doing some 'profiling'. Do you want to know WHO they were profiling? WOMEN. Yep that's right folks. They were checking bags at the gate before boarding... carefully scrutinizing purses and handbags (gotta get those bottle of lotion and tubes of lip gloss!). Meanwhile, men with rollers were walking right onto the plane without so much as a pat down. I, myself, had a purse and a laptop bag. The purse was THOUROUGHLY checked. My targus laptop bag was casually patted from the outside, and I was allowed to proceed. I was kinda surprised... I mean I could have been hiding any number of items no longer allowed on the plane... but they wouldn't know because they didn't even ask me to unzip it. And what of the roller bags that went on unchecked? Who knows. And as an aside, how many of the captured terrorists have been women? huh? I would love to know how airports around the country are tackling the situation. Hopefully they are being more thourough than the folks at NYC's Laguardia airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home