Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2006

Five years later... unbelievable. I sat watching some 'specials' on the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and it was quite emotional. I feel so sorry for the families of those lost that day, that they keep having to relive it each time the media decides to play more footage. It doesn't stop with TV either, the World Trade Center and United Flight 93 have both made it onto the big screen. Today, in the small ways that I can, I would like to honor those whose lives were lost that fateful Tuesday. I knew two personally - Amy O'Doherty and Paul J. Battaglia. I will walk around today wearing two different American Flag lapel pins to honor their memory. I drive down the street blasting "New York" from U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind CD, just like I did in the days that followed 9/11 when I was in Memphis. And last but certainly not least, I pray for the family and friends of the victims that they somehow find peace on this tragic anniversary. God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home