Monday, April 24, 2006

April showers...

ok ok so April is known to bring rain, hence the phrase "April showers bring May flowers"... but here in Colorado April showers must mean April SNOW showers, because that's what it did this morning. Quite odd, only because yesterday it was sunny and 80 degrees, I was wearing a tank top and shorts... I am not surprised to see snow, but I am surprised at such a drastic change in temperature. Oh well, it's supposed to be 70 by Wednesday.

In other news- I have been volunteering as a personal training client for our Sports and Exercise program students. We have been meeting every Mon and Wed for 1 hour since the beginning of February. The first week we were put through all these different types of pre-tests (strength, flexibility, endurance etc etc). Today I did re-tests for the crunch test and push up test. On the crunch test you have to go up and down to the rhythm of a metronome and your hands have to stay flat on the mat and go out a certain distance with each crunch. The maximum number of crunches that can be completed is 75. Well I kicked that crunch test to the curb - maxed out! woohoo! Some guy was watching me do it, he was being re-tested after me... that sorry soul could not equal my crunching abilities hahaha!! On the push up test I had done 20 pushups before, today I did 35. I am definitely getting into better shape. Of course I have been working out on my own, not JUST doing the training in the class..... I'll have to see if I can volunteer for it next fall and tork on improving even more.

Ok, back to grading papers now... UGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home