good times
Ok so I am in Minneapolis, MN right now at the American Academy of Audiology conference. Having a good time - this is actually a fun city. What's extra cool about it is most of downtown is connected by a maze of skyways, so you don't have to go outside to get around (came in hand last night when it was pouring rain). Had dinner with Tina Childress and Sam at a great Thai place... mmmmm yummy. Then after relaxing in the room for a bit, I went to an 'after party' with some USD people. (This was the party AFTER the big party)... sponsored by one of the many hearing aid manufacturers for our conference attendees who are all at LEAST graduate students... you would figure everyone would be of age to drink. The parties always have open bar, and usually not a problem to get a drink. Well the guy was carding, and I didnt have my license with me, so I was pissed off that I couldn't get a glass of wine. Some guy saw it all happen, and he got my drink for me, how sweet. Nice to know I've "got it" enough to get a guy to do that for me. heehee.
Saw an old friend who graduated from Memphis in 2002... she couldnt stop complimenting me on how great I looked, and how happy I seemed... it was refreshing to hear that from her (especially since she hasnt seen me in so long)... jeeeez, I'm starting to get some confidence back - I think for a while there at the end of the year last year I was pretty down on myself. Stressful moving and starting a new job, and was not happy that I had gained a bunch of weight. Well dedication and work ethic have begun to pay off, I actually am enjoying clothes shopping again, and not cringing every time I see my reflection. Nobody at AAA noticed (or at least nobody has said anything) but I don't really care all that much.... still got a ways to go, so maybe next time around I'll get the 'jaw drop' response.
Met Sam's group - the students and some faculty at USD. They are all fantastic people. I have decided I want to be adopted honorary faculty.... Anyway had fun with them and look forward to seeing them sometime if I get to visit Vermillion =)
I am tired, these conventions have a way of really wearing me out! I'm off to bed. Hope y'all are well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home