Saturday, March 18, 2006

No Chemistry

So I got back into the dating game. Back in February, I went out with this guy. He took me to dinner, left the restaurant to go to my favorite local coffee shop for coffee, played some chess, chatted... it was a really good date. Then he had to go on a business trip for A MONTH to India. (I know not exactly the best circumstances). But while he was out there he sent me flowers on Valentine's Day (yeah unexpected surprise) and also sent me a gift basket with bath type stuff. Anyway we kept in touch via email and one or two phone calls and I was excited to get to know him better when he returned. We hung out a few times this past week, but unfortnately I just don't feel any chemistry with him. He's a nice guy and was paying for everything (which I started to feel guilty about), but I just don't see anything happening above friendship with him. When I left him last I told him to give me a call if he wanted to hang out again. I am kinda hoping he feels the same way I do in terms of lack of chemistry so I don't hurt his feelings or disappoint him. He is a nice guy, he's just not for me.

Ok, so no chemistry, but that's ok because it showed me something... it showed me that I am content being on my own right now, and that I don't NEED to be dating anyone. Of course it would be a bonus if some amazing guy walked into my life.

So that's what is new with me and my social life or lack thereof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home