Cat Calls
So there was a party tonight hosted by UNC's NSSLHA chapter to congratulate the graduating seniors. I was running late and wasn't even sure of where I was going or how dressed everyone was. I decided to go for dressed up casual. Wore a nice black shirt with some lace, jeans, and black strappy heels... it's amazing what a little dressing up will get you. So since I was late, I had to park 2 blocks from the place and raced across the street in my heels. (I don't wear heels that much, so I'm impressed that I was actually able to 'run' in them). So as I am walking to the restaurant I got whistled at twice. hahaha. guess I still got it. Maybe it was the outfit. (Those of you who know me well know that I tend to lean towards casual attire, but maybe I will start to spice things up more). Anyway I hadn't experienced any cat calls in a while, so that was entertaining.
Oh yeah, I need to give a shout out to my friend April. She is participating in this crazy (I only say that because it is over 500 miles long) bike race to raise money for AIDS. In addition, she will be racing in honor/memory of her mother that just passed away last week. I would like to encourage everyone to support her cause, I've already sent her my pledge money. You can contact her by clicking on the link to her blog.
Other news? I am starting to investigate possibilities of purchasing a townhouse out in Colorado. My lease will run through October, but there is a lot of new development in the area, so I am starting to do my homework now... it's overwhelming and exciting.
One more week of classes, then one week of finals... then I will officially have my first semester as a college professor under my belt. yay!
Hope y'all are doing well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home