Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Weird Newness

As I begin to get accustomed to life out west I have found some strange things about Colorado.

1. The octane levels in the gas are lower. They go from 85 to 87 to 91 rather than the usual 87 to 89 to 93/94. I guess the cars are more efficient in high altitude... just weird. (oh yeah, and gas is more expensive here than in TN - I pay about 2.30 a gallon for 87 octane fuel)

2. Apparently a birth certificate issued by the city you were born in is not good enough for the Colorado DMV. I tried to get a driver's license today only to find out that they won't accept my form of ID. So since I don't have a passport, have never been married or divorced, never been issued a military ID, and don't have any immigration papers, I have no choice but to order a NY STATE issued birth certificate. Processing and handling -- CHACHING a nice $70.00. Damnit!

3. People in Colorado are overly friendly. Being that I have been to several different areas of the country, I can honestly say these are the nicest people I have met. I wonder if it will rub off on me? I hope so.

4. Windshield wiper fluid freezes... haha that didn't happen to me in CO, it actually happened somewhere along the drive in Kansas. But it was so darned cold that the fluid remained frozen for over 24 hours. I went to Home Depot and bought some fluid that can withstand -20 degrees.

Anyway that's all for now. Keep the comments coming =)

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill two birds with one Financial Stone.

Why don't you get a passport rather than a NYS Birth Certificate. You'll pay about the same amount of money, may be less.

Plus, you'll be covered if you plan on travelling internationally anytime in the next several years.

-- Joel

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Tina and Cullen said...

that was smart thinking, and yeah I thought of that AFTER i went ahead and ordered a birth certificate... oh well.

who knows, if it wasn't good enough to get a license out here, it might not have been good enough to get a passport either.

see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home