Friday, December 16, 2005

TGIF?

Well it is Friday... my second Friday in Colorado, weird! Nothing special about it, didn't have a terribly difficult week, just still trying to unpack and organize and settle in before packing up to head to NY for the holidays. There was a Christmas party at my apt complex yessterday but I didn't know about it because I didn't look through my new resident packet until this afternoon, darn! Haven't really met any of my neighbors yet. I know I have someone below me that likes bassy music, I could "feel" the music tonight.

Last night I went to the Windsor Rec Center and took a TKD and a Hapkido class. I liked them both, but will probably stick with TKD only since I don't want to pay for two classes. Monday nights are sparring classes, I'll go to that too and see how that is. I've never considered myself a great sparrer, but the school I come from is very strong in sparring, so I am hoping that I may have developed enough skill to kick some butt at a new school.

It is supposed to snow here tomorrow. I love the snow, it's so pretty. I don't have anywhere I have to be tomorrow, but it would be nice to get out tomorrow to explore the town some more. Maybe go check out the library, find the local Starbucks (yes I'm a latte fanatic)... I have to start working on some lectures for next semester too. I think I will go to church Sunday, there are two churches in the area that I am interested in seeing. I wonder if either will have as good a choir as Hope Pres. or as good a singles group as The Gathering. Time will tell...

I'm so out of shape right now. I went to work out and can only do about a third of what I once could. I really need to get into a gym routine again. (Especially if I plan on hitting more of the high altitude slopes out here).

Only 10 days till Christmas! yippee!

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're out of shape. Same thing happened to me. :P
I am glad you do katate stuff, but do you think they are actually teaching you enough to really handle a real fight? that was my problem with American martial arts clubs. They are agreat for socializing, but I never learned anything real. :/

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Tina and Cullen said...

Yeah sometimes they really are "all show and no go". My school in Memphis was really good at teaching technique and competition sparring, but weak on self defense. My new instructor in Colorado is a 6th degree in taekwondo, 4th degree in hapkido, and 3rd degree in judo. I think learning from him will help bring more practicality to my martial arts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home