Friday, December 02, 2005

Arrest Me Please!

I witnessed a very strange thing today. I went to Starbucks (not at all unusual for me) and about 5 minutes after I got there a crap load of police squad cars came by. Two officers came into the store and started questioning this young black male. The guy didn't seem agitated at all. He proceeded to go outside to get his coat, come back in, and then left the store with the police officers. I watched outside as they patted him down against the squad car, cuffed him, and drove him away. Now the strange thing about this whole incident is apparently they guy called the cops himself! That's right folks. Turns out the guy was feeling homicidal and so he called the cops to take him away. GOOD GRIEF! Another sign that I need to get myself out of Memphis. Oh well, I guess we need more people like him... people who recognize when they are headed for trouble and fix the problem before it happens.... still... it was BIZARRE!

Oh yeah and I paid $1.99/gallon for gas today. WOOHOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home