Monday, April 23, 2007

Staying the Course


Well I decided to run ANOTHER race - I know I know -- two weeks, two races... I'm turning into a running animal! Heehee. Ran the 10th Annual Bittersweet Spring Feet Race. They had a 2 mile and 5 mile course. Naturally I chose the 2 mile course. I had a little more difficulty with this one as there were hills during the first half of the course... and my diet had consisted of not much more than cheese and crackers and sweets during the later part of the week at the AAA convention. My goal was to run in 24:00 or less (since I had a 12 minute mile pace for the 5K last week). So how did I do? My clock time was 23:01, though I started a bit behind the starting line, it took about 5-6 seconds to cross the start line, so technically my time was about 22:55. Either way I finished 56th in the field of runners and am pretty proud of myself. My co-worker Jenny ran the Boston Marathon last week in the nasty rain and 50 mile/hr wind gusts! She finished in under 4 hours, she's my current hero!

So am I destined for a marathon? I doubt it. Amy wants to run a half marathon. MAYBE one day I will make it to something like that. But for now I will stick to smaller distances. After some consideration I have decided to enter the Bolder Boulder 10K race afterall. I won't be able to run it (as I had hoped to train to do this year) - but I'll jog/walk it and try to run it next year. Should be fun - it is one of the world's largest road races because it has one of the biggest purses for a non-marathon race and attracks international professional athletes. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home