Sunday, April 15, 2007

Miles 4 Smiles

Today I did something I've never done before... I ran in a race. The 2nd Annual Miles 4 Smiles 3K, 5K, 10K was held at the University of Northern Colorado. Cullen managed to convince me to sign up for the 5K with him... while I have to admit I was nervous that I wouldn't have fun since I didn't know what to expect from the event or from myself, it turned out to be a lot of fun. While he's a seasoned runner he stayed with me for the entire race and we finished in 36 minutes (that included some walking). I may have mentioned to some of you that I planned on training for the Bolder Boulder 10 K road race, but I haven't been training due to on and off knee pain. When we finished I was pretty excited - I didn't think I would finish that fast. I may have been bit by the running bug, because now that I did one I want to do more... next race that will fit my schedule? The "Gunter Grunter" 5K run/walk. I am thinking it would be great to enter that one, since I work in Gunter Hall... Anyway I was all smiles after the race, and took a pic or two with my first race number just for posterity =)

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations of finishing the race! I envy the good shape you are in. (I myself am in lousy shape lately due to lack of skiing this winter.) That's a great pic. of the two of you.

Lynne

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Tina and Cullen said...

LYNNE! Glad to know you've graced my blog with your presence =) Actually I am in lousy shape too - I put on a bunch of weight over the last 6 months and haven't been able to drop it. But with the prospect of wearing "the white dress" in a little over a year, I hope to use the summer to get into great shape =)

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when did this thing take comments??? I tried once years ago and it said you had it deactivated or something...

Dan

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tina and Cullen said...

Dan this thing has ALWAYS taken comments, though the new thing is that they are now moderated - the comment won't show up until I sign in and look at them to approve or delete.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tina! i tried to leave a comment a few weeks ago but it said my browser was too old or something. congrats on running the races and congrats on your engagement! :)

jolene (from binghamton)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home