Monday, April 28, 2008

On the Homeward Stretch

Well seems like life is "on the homeward stretch" right now. This week is the last week of classes for the semester, whew! Today marks 2 months until the wedding. I've been pretty busy trying to get everything done that needs getting done. For school that means grading, and creating exams, and more grading. Oh yeah, and planning/prepping for summer teaching. Also getting a few research participants in before all the students take off. For the wedding it means I've gotten the invitations out (we are looking forward to getting our response cards in the mail), our car rental for the week is booked, the limousine service booked and deposit paid, and the rehearsal dinner reservation is confirmed. Cullen and I finally went and got our tuxedo order in. I think all of the MAJOR details have been done. We still have to select readings for the ceremony, come up with a song list for the DJ, put together programs, and buy gifts for attendants, parents, etc. The to-do list is finally getting to be shorter than the done list.

Our latest cycle in Karate is coming to a close too. Because our testing date coincides with UNC graduation, and I am going to graduation to hood a student, I will be testing earlier than Cullen. My testing for red belt will be next Tuesday up in Fort Collins. Red belt is kind of a big deal since it means I will be a level III student (advanced). It also means I can wear a blue gi, since blue is my favorite color, I'm looking forward to ordering one of those. My red one has definitely seen better days.

Can you believe May is just around the corner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home