It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas...
Well the semester is officially over, I've posted all my grades, and I'm really looking forward to three weeks off. (Mostly off - I do have to put together my pre-tenure dossier and do a bit of work on syllabi for next semester).
Today I wrapped presents and shipped them to NY. This will be the first year I won't be spending the holidays in NY - pretty sad, but I'm sure this Christmas will be great nonetheless. Cullen and I put our tree up in our new house the day after Thanksgiving. We strung lights outside (I've been wanting to do that ever since I was a little girl). I hosted our annual faculty Christmas party this past Thursday night - it was quite a success. It was really fun to show off our new place to everyone.
I've started making Christmas cookies. And I'm pretty much addicted to listening to Christmas music. I just LOVE Christmas.
I've still got a few more gifts to buy, and Cullen and I will be working on Christmas cards this weekend. That's probably my least favorite thing - having to address all those darned envelopes! ugh! I do like keeping in touch with people though.
We've got snow outside and freeeeeeeeeeeeeezing temperatures. I certainly hope if the weather outside is frightful wherever you are, that the 'fire is delightful' =) I am so corny!
Happy Holidays All!
P.S. I am VERY soon to be an Aunt - Amy is likely going to have her baby in the next two weeks =) Can't wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home