Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bad Business

So I received a bill from Atmos Energy yesterday. This was my final bill for gas usage at the condo. I had called them about two weeks ahead of time to schedule transfer of my gas from the condo to our new house. When I called I was told the order was put through for the date I requested (August 29th). So when my bill came in the mail for service from August 19-Sept 3, I called to find out why I was being billed 5 days beyond the date my service was to be switched. Apparently they went ahead and turned on my service at the new house on the requested date, but didn't get around to switchin off my service at the condo until 5 days later... bear in mind the condo and house are within 1 mile of each other. So I essentially ended up paying for two places over that 5 day period. Not that it ends up being a ton of money, but just on principle I really feel like they wronged me. Of course I called to find out what the deal was and was told that "legally" they have 3 business days to complete work orders. Nobody told me this when I scheduled the switch, and when I told the woman that on the phone last night her response was "well you should have asked". Why in the heck would I ASK if service would take a few days to complete if I had no idea that would happen? Am I to presume that a company intends to take their own sweet time fulfilling an order unless otherwise told so?
When we asked (oh yes Cullen spoke with the company rep too) if there was anything they could do for us, we were told no. I understand the 'legality' blah blah blah, but that's just bad business in my book. If they planned on not completing the order on the day requested, they should have warned us to that effect. Furthermore, after noting the discrepency they COULD have gone back and pro-rated our bill, of course they did not. So we will go ahead and pay the bill and get on with our lives but let it be known that Atmos Energy doesn't seem to put the customer first.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yes put your foot down chica!!!!! Believe me I've done it a couple of times myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home