ADT is now on my poop list
Ok so you all know Cullen and I moved into a house over labor day weekend. The house is equipped with an ADT security system. Apparently we still need to subscribe to monitoring to make full use of the system, which we have gotten MANY things in the mail about... just haven't gotten around to that yet. In the meantime, the system was still working the first week or so we were in the house. Then one night (of course these things have to happen in the middle of the night, right?) it starts beeping it's trouble signal. In a dazed confused mess we somehow figure out how to get it to stop. A few weeks ago we had some cheese burn in the oven which set off a smoke detector attached to the ADT system. OMG that smoke detector was so obnoxious. After getting into a slight panic, and finding out that even unscrewing the alarm from the wall didn't stop it, we managed to push the right keys to get that one to stop too. Last night at 3:00AM the stupid thing starts beeping again. I can't figure out why - it doesn't say anything different, just the time and the word "Memory" (which popped up when I got the smoke alarm to stop). So I tried the same keys that stopped the smoke alarm and it worked... or so I thought. 4:30 AM the alarm goes off AGAIN. I finally call the 1 800 number for ADT and the woman I spoke too wasn't terribly friendly and she certainly didn't seem to sympathize with the fact that we were being woken out of sleep in the middle of the night by the stupid beeping. I did manage to get the beeping to stop by finding the master code and pressing it in twice. When I asked her WHY it was beeping she said she couldn't tell me. Of course the error was a "phone" error, but she said she couldn't give me any more information because we weren't being monitored. We could shut the entire thing down if we can find the panel box where we have to disconnect some wire (don't know where that is) and the plug (which I *think* I located in the basement).
Anyway to say the least, Cullen and I are both exhausted thanks to our stupid ADT alarm system.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home