Tuesday, June 23, 2009

7 weeks post op

I had two instances of my knee buckling/jamming during my trip to Seattle, but was reassured that it was likely just due to some muscle fatigue from all the extra walking I was doing. I did definitely give my knee a workout with all the walking. Seattle is a beautiful city.

Things are going well in PT. I am starting to feel some more strength in my planks, though they are still hard as heck. Today's new exercise was hamstring curls with the exercise ball. I remember watching a patient do those during my second PT session and saying that I was so impressed because I couldn't really do them before my surgery. I was told to do 20 today. I broke them down into 4 sets of 5 reps, but I did them. woohoo! I also added hand weights to my step ups/step downs. I asked again when I would be able to go on the elliptical machine. Neal told me it was likely I'd be on it when I get back from DC (two weeks from today). I can't wait for that. Once I know I can do the elliptical machine, I'll be much more inclined to head back to the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home